Political & Government Positions:
July 2007 – December 2016:Alaska State Representative for Mat-Su
2014 – 2016: House EDU: Chair; House JUD: Vice-Chair; Member of House Finance Subcommittees: Corrections, Education & Early Development, Military & Veteran’ Affairs, and House Joint committee for Armed Services
- Chair, Citizens Advisory Commisson on Federal Areas (CACFA)
- Member of Alaska Criminal Justice Commission (ACJC)
- Ex-Officio in Commission of Alaska Healthcare Commission
2012 – 2016: House STA: Vice-Chair
2012 – 2014: House JUD: Chair; House HSS: Vice-Chair
January 1999 – July 2007: Legislative Executive Assistant for Senator Dyson
1964: Central High School – Superior, Wisconsin.
1986: University of Wisconsin, Superior – B.S. in Broad Field Science Major, minors in Math and Physics.
1987: Alaska secondary teacher certification.
1971: USAF Pilot training – Del Rio, Texas.
1971 – 1975: Alaska Air National Guard Officer and C-123J pilot
Business, Professional, and Personal:
1992 – 1999: Licensed and bonded residential building contractor. A sole proprietor family business building custom homes, as well as performing remodeling and maintenance contracts.
1991 – 1992: Oilfield hand for Schlumberger Oilfield Services performing well-head maintenance and heavy equipment operation.
1987 – 1990: Training Center administrator for the Alaska Teamsters Training Center at Ship Creek.
- Happily married to Gayle for 45+ years; and we have 3 children & 7 grandchildren
- Long-time member of Wasilla Bible Church (1999 – present)
- Long-time Valley resident (June 1998 – present)
- Proud holder of a lifetime Alaska Hunting and Fishing license
- Lifetime member of NRA and Susitna Shooting Range