Conservative values, by definition, are not shocking or revolutionary.
Conservative values are not profound or unexciting – far from it.
These are the values of American Constitutionalism, they were once revolutionary and became the foundational values of the greatest nation on earth. These values represent the greatest gift America has given to the world; human freedom on a scale mankind has never known.
Conservative values include:
- Government power is limited by checks and balances.
- Government spending is limited to accountable, responsible use of public funds. Spending plans (budgets) are realistically tied to revenue projections to avoid debt.
- Government protection and defense of inalienable rights are endowed by our Creator, including but not limited to: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (property rights).
- National sovereignty of the United States is to provide proper defense and security of all US citizens. State sovereignty with all governing powers are not specifically reserved for the central government. The source of government sovereignty being “We the People” as confirmed in the US and Alaska Constitutions.
- Society governed by the Rule of Law, as opposed to arbitrary decisions by individual government officials. Having elected public servants who minimize legislation and regulation to the lowest level possible while still providing public safety, infrastructure, and essential services.
- Individuals, families, and local communities hold the primary responsibility and dignity of self determination. Taking care of themselves, charity spending, religious activity, and liberty with minimal interference from government. Individuals hold the right and responsibility to vote for and monitor the performance of the public servants they elect.